We are blessed with Solar Energy in abundance at no cost. The solar radiation incident on the
surface of the earth can be conveniently utilized for the benefit of human society. One of the
popular devices that harness the solar energy is solar hot water system (SHWS). Solar Hot
Water System turns cold water into hot water with the help of sun’s rays.
A solar water heater consists of a collector to collect solar energy and an insulated storage
tank to store hot water. The solar energy incident on the absorber panel coated with selected
coating transfers the hat to the riser pipes underneath the absorber panel. The water passing
through the risers get heated up and is delivered the storage tank. The re-circulation of the
same water through absorber panel in the collector raises the temperature to 80 C (Maximum)
in a good sunny day. The total system with solar collector, storage tank and pipelines is
called solar hot water system.
We UNITED SOLAR ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGIES presents Evacuated
Tube Collectors (ETC) based Solar Water Heating system for Hot water for your homes,
hostels, hotels, hospitals, restaurants, dairies, food processing industries etc.
Evacuated Tube Collector is made of double layer borosilicate glass tubes evacuated for
providing insulation. The outer wall of the inner tube is coated with selective
absorbing material. This helps absorption of solar radiation and transfers the heat to the water
which flows through the inner tube. Solar water heating is now a mature
technology. Wide spread utilization of solar water heaters can reduce a
significant portion of the conventional energy being used for heating water
in homes, factories and other commercial and institutional establishments.
Internationally the market for solar water heaters has expanded
significantly during the last decade.
Working Principle :
Solar Water Heater consists of mainly 2 parts. One is called COLLECTOR and other is INSULATED TANK. The cold water in the collector get heated up and collected in the tank by thermo siphon principle. This circulation continue till the water in the tank heated up to 60-80o
Centigrade. The hot water in the tank remains hot for more than 24 hrs. Evacuated Glass Tubes used as the absorber in ETC Solar Water Heaters. The ETC is having two tubes with vacuum between the tubes. The outer tube is transparentallowing light rays to pass through with minimal reflection. The inner tubes is coated with aspecial selective coating which features excellent solar radiation absorption and minimalreflection properties. The trapped heat inside the tube will not transferred to the outer tube because of vacuum.
Salient Features :
Suggested Uses of the United Solar Water Heating System
- ETC Solar Water Heating System turns cold water into hot water with the help of sun’s rays.
- It makes the water hot to a very high temperature within 3-4 hrs. around 60 – 75 oC. and hot water available even on partially cloudy days.
- Our ETC Solar Water Heating System is compatible for all kind of water (heavy or light) and there is no problem of clogging/choking and scaling.
- Double SS304 tank with PUF and High quality ROCK WOOL insulation for maintaining high temperature of water inside the tank for long time more than 26hrs.
- Powder coated support structure for long life
- ETC Solar water heaters (SWHs) of 100-500 litres capacity are suited for domestic application. And above that for commercial.
- Built in Electric Backup system for overcast or rainy days.
- Payback period within 3 years
- High quality tubes made from borosilicate glass and compatible in hail storms etc.
- Inner coating of tubes consists of layers of copper, stainless steel and aluminium nitride and life of solar Tube is more than 15 years.
- Easy to install and use and no maintenance or extra cost.
- Integrated system (expandable according to your need)
- Weather proof tubes (no effect of hail storm, heavy rain etc.)
- Food grade Stainless Steel Tank – SS304 (2B) for Hot Water Storage which makes the Hot Water from our tank completely safe for Cooking and even for direct Consumption.
- Insured against future hike in electricity prices
- There are no moving parts in the system so there is virtually no maintenance required.
- The system has an average lifespan of 15-20 years so you can reap benefits of FREE HOT WATER from the sun absolutely free for years to come.
- Our ETC type solar Water Heating systems are approved by MNRE so we follow all the guidelines and standards set by MNRE for the best quality suited for Local Indian conditions so that customer can avail all the benefits and subsidy by the Indian Govt.